Friday, June 19, 2009

We'll Always Have Paris

A quick stop in Paris on our way back to Nigeria. We had a really wonderful time there. We had a nice clean hotel and the people were very friendly the whole time we were there.



No trip to Paris would be complete without the Eiffel Tower. It is quite spectacular, and when it gets dark out and it is all lit up is very stunning.



We had pizza at a very good very small eatery. You see how small and how close the table are, they had to pull the table out just for Suzanne to be able to get in.



Walking around I found a wall that said Paris on it so I took my picture next to it. I know, I'm a dork, but Suzanne loves me anyway!



Notre Dame de Paris. We discovered an easier way to hold your arm out and take a picture. If you set the timer on the camera then you can push the snap button and then position the camera however you want without having to position your hand where you can reach the snap button. I'm very fascinated by this discovery.



We asked a nice lady to take our picture with the Notre Dame in the background. Can you see it? It is off to the left behind the tree.



Suzanne is so cute in all the pictures!!!



Walking down one of the main streets in Paris.



This is the big Arc de Triomphe that is the same little arch in the previous picture. We walked a long way.



The Seine river, this is the place where Isadora Duncan's children were in an accident and fell off the bridge and drowned. (See Suzanne you only thought that I wasn't listening ;)



We didn't have time for the Louvre, but we did get a chance to go to the Musee d'Orsay where they have impressionist art by the likes of Van Gogh and Degas. Look at me I'm all artsy now
-
-
One of the ballerina dancers. Suzanne likes these painting (I wonder why?)


Dinner the second night there was fondue, we really like fondue. We even tried som escargot, Suzanne even ate one.


Dinner in the Latin Quarter of France, we had a really nice couple of days.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am so glad you got the requisite Eiffel Tower picture! I am also impressed that you have further perfected your signature arms length camera move.

Danielle said...

How amazing! I love the pictures, and it looks like you had a great time.