Sunday, January 27, 2008

Fun Facts

Ok,

So the big move isn't until April (actually I go in April and she doesn't leave until June.) So what to talk about until then...

We got married last March, I was asked to go to Lagos last April, but having just been married I didn't consider it a wise choice, but now that we have been married almost a year I think it's about time to have some adventures.

The reason we decided to accept this assignment was the opportunity to travel and see new places, not only Nigeria but also other places in the world as well. Until now we haven't done very much traveling, but we expect that to change pretty soon. We went to San Francisco for our honeymoon, but have been here in Houston since then.

Our first planned trip is to Mexico just before I leave to Nigeria, we hear they have some nice beaches there and want to check them out. After a couple of months in Nigeria we will probably go to Spain, or Greece or both. We may pull out the old camera and take some pictures, if I figure out how to post them in a message I may post a few!

Anyway more to come...

Dave

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hello Dave,
I am very flattered to have inspired you to do your own blog. I look forward to reading it! I am very happy that I have been doing it because it has been a great way to document our experience here and keep family and friends posted on what we are up to. Keeping the blog up to date can be a challenge at times and some days it stresses me out knowing that I have something to post but no time. Eventually I always find time and am very happy once I finish my posts. I currently have two events to post about but I am working 12+ hours days so time is limited.

I like you had not traveled too much in my life (all of my international travel has been via work) and looked at the move to Nigeria as a great opportunity to see the world and experience a different culture.

Here is a hint on blogging: write your post in Word and spell check it before posting. I am good at spelling but a terrible typist so that helps me a lot. ; )

I am going to put a link to your blog on my blog.

Happy posting,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sweetie- I love you and I agree about maybe typing in Word first. I am excited about our March trip and all of the other cool places we'll get to see together!